Saturday, March 30, 2013

Climbing at the Poux

Last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. We started by taking a trip to Boulder, to get some coaching from Justen Sjong. We spent two long sessions climbing with him and learning so much, that we are still digesting some of the info and trying to apply it to our climbing. It was awesome. Then it was time to come back to Aspen and ski some more. The snow has been pretty good and we were blessed by some powder days. Those are the days that remind me why i love this sport so much.  In between work and training at the gym, we got to go climb some real rock.  Caro, has been climbing hard, re-sending some routes and looking for a new project. She finally felt in love with Experience, a nice 7c, which she´s been working the last couple of days. On my side, I managed to send I-70, which is rated at 8a, and has a very defined crux section. I worked on that route couple of years ago, getting close to send, but i guess i was too weak at that point. This year i got on it again and after 5 tries i finally came down. I wanted to complete this route before getting back on Fault Line. So that same day I got on it, feeling pretty good and strong. The next day i gave it even a better go, but I still can´t get back to my high point from last year. Instead, i´am able to climb the upper part much better. So i guess it is progress. Now i just need to conect both sections, but sincerely, it still feels a little distant.  We already booked our tickets to europe and the clock is ticking !!!! We have some exciting plans for the next couple of months. We´ll try to keep the updates coming. !!! Thanks for checking in and enjoy the pictures.












No comments:

Post a Comment