Sunday, March 4, 2012

What really inspires you ?

Caro on the Gift 12d / 7c.
Photo by Chritine Cauble.
I´am a very self-motivated person, most of the time.  I´am always in the search of a project or a challenge that will keep my energy levels high, keep me training and spending most of my time outside my house. Certainly, sometimes, being motivated and having the will to do something is not enough. You need that little extra inspiration that will help you breakthrough the plateau and push your own limits a little further.
In the last couple of weeks I came to meet some people that certainly are a source of great inspiration for me and probably many people.  I also started to look back home, for all that people that is around me most of the time and that had been silently inspiring. All the persons around that face serious challenges, and I don´t mean climbing a 9a or doing a winter ascent of the K2, I mean people that had overcome challenges that would have left you or me hopeless and depressed at home. I seek inspiration in all those that overcome adversity and fully commit to their goals. Yes, for some of us, achieving our goals, takes extra efforts. But when you succeed, everything worth it and if you don´t at least you´ve done your best and you have room for progress. 
The Gallery
It´s been a pretty inspiring month for me. Watching friends from back home doing amazing things, without excuses (and trust me, they have many real excuses). Meeting people along the road that stay as motivated as they were 25 years ago and had overcome the most challenging adversities. 
No matter what you want, go for it with full commitment.  There is nothing you can´t achieve if you really want. Yes, you will need to sacrifice things, comfort, hours os sleep or in front of your pc checking your precious facebook, but do you really want that ??? so then be willing to sacrifice what it takes to get it done. I´am sure, it will eventually open other doors and after some time you´ll forget what you came to sacrifice and life will be way more beautiful.
This post is dedicated to all the inspirational people that touched me this month: 
MY DAD, My MUM, Carolina Fritz Kelly (my wife), Marcelo Campanaro, Rosaura Escudero, Silvia FItzpatrick, Pablo Robledo and some more people !!!!

Silvia Fitzpatrick on the Gift, 7c.
Santi, Silvia and Terri.


Our attempt on Levitation 29. Way too cold that day.








No comments:

Post a Comment